If you’ve ever wondered how to hike the Kasol Kheerganga Trek, then you’ll be happy to know that it’s one of the most amazing backpacking adventures you can do in India. This trek takes you through some of the most beautiful mountains and valleys, giving you plenty of time to enjoy hiking, swimming, and camping out under the star-filled sky. Read on to find out how to hike the Kasol Kheerganga Trek as well as some travel tips, so you can plan your trip with ease and avoid any mishaps.
Whether you’re seeking an adrenaline rush or looking to get back to nature, there are plenty of ways to fulfill your wildest dreams while in Kasol Kheerganga Trek with Camping. From mountain biking and trekking to paragliding and rock climbing, this region has it all. Whether you’re seeking out adventure or just looking to connect with nature, check out the list below for some of the best things you can do in this area. Have fun!
The Kasol Kheerganga Trek is one of the most popular treks in Manali, India, and it’s no wonder why. For one thing, it provides stunning views of the magnificent Himalayas on either side of the trail you walk on, in addition to providing your campsite with some pretty picturesque scenery as well. On top of that, the trek itself isn’t very long or hard, making it ideal for first-timers or those who like to take things slow and easy on their vacations.
If you’re looking to experience the adventure of trekking in the Indian Himalayas, you can’t go wrong with the Kasol Kheerganga Trek. Located in the Parvati Valley of Himachal Pradesh, this trek will let you feel like you’ve traveled back to medieval times as you explore Kasol, Jari and Kheerganga villages.
If you’re looking for a complete guide to the Kasol Kheerganga trek, then you’ve come to the right place. This blog post has everything you need including how long it is, what’s included in this trek, who should do this trek, and more! So without further ado let’s get into it. The kasol kheerganga trek is a two day trip with camping included in the itinerary. This trek takes place near Parvati Valley on the banks of river Parvati which is about an hour drive from Kullu Manali.
About the Kasol
Kasol in Himachal Pradesh is one of the most beautiful places in India, and it’s just a three-hour drive from Manali and Rohtang Pass from Shimla. This makes it even more attractive to tourists since they don’t need to travel too far to see the most incredible views of the Himalayas. If you’re visiting Kasol with your friends or family, you definitely have to take advantage of the opportunity and visit the snow-capped mountains, like Kheerganga and Hidimba Devi, that are right in front of you.
Kasol is a beautiful town in Himachal Pradesh, located at an altitude of around 1500 meters. The trek from Kasol to Kheerganga is not difficult, but it is uphill all the way. If you want more of a challenge, you can cross over the pass and descend on the other side into Lahul. The views are stupendous, especially if you are lucky enough to catch a glimpse of snow-capped peaks through your binoculars. The best time for this trek is between late September and early October when there is still plenty of greenery but with fewer mosquitoes around. Be sure not to miss out on this wonderful opportunity!
This is a full route guide for a 5-day trip. We will be hiking and camping, so it’s important that you are prepared with all of your gear.
1. Day 1 – Drive from Delhi or Manali to Manikaran – 12 hours, 303 kilometers
2. Day 2 – Hike up to Camp 1 (2,650 meters) then camp overnight at Lake Solitude (2,600 meters) – 4 hours, 25 kilometers
3. Day 3 – Hike down to Valley of Flowers (1,900 meters) then camp overnight at Snow Line (1,800 meters) – 6 hours, 55 kilometers
What to Pack
1. A sleeping bag. There are a lot of places to camp, but you should always have a sleeping bag. The temperature can be tough at night so make sure it is appropriate for the time of year that you are visiting.
2. Food and water. Make sure your backpack is stocked with enough food and water for the duration of your trek so that you don’t need to purchase anything along the way!
3. Headlamp or flashlight with extra batteries or chargers if needed. It is really important to carry this since it will make an adventure in complete darkness possible!
Tips for the Trek
1. Bring a tent or rent one from the camp.
2. Pack enough food and water for four days (don’t forget your purifier).
3. Wear sturdy, waterproof hiking shoes that you won’t mind getting dirty.
4. Don’t forget a flashlight for trekking at night!
5. Pack extra clothes in case it gets colder or wetter than expected – remember there’s no cell service once you get started on the trail!
6. Be prepared for wildlife sightings – these mountains are home to tigers, leopards, elephants, bears, monkeys and more!
7. Make sure your phone is fully charged before you leave – this will be your only source of GPS during the trek!
Camping at Kasol Kheerganga
Kheerganga is a village located in Parvati Valley near the city of Kullu, Himachal Pradesh. It is famous for its natural hot springs and Hindu temples. The main deity of this village is Dattatreya, an avatar of Lord Vishnu.
Kheerganga can be reached by road or by train from Delhi or Chandigarh. The nearest airport is at Bhuntar which is about 50 km from this destination. There are buses from Chandigarh (12 hours) and Manali (3 hours) available on a daily basis.
You can always get a great meal at night by cooking your own food over an open fire. The campsite is usually on a top, with no one else around for miles, which makes it feel as if you have all of nature’s beauty to yourself. The trek also offers breathtaking views of some of Himachal Pradesh’s most famous mountains, including the Kinner Kailash and Mt Khajjiar. Whether you’re looking for a new adventure or just want to enjoy some alone time in nature, this trek will not disappoint!
|You may also read : Trekking to India’s Most Demanding Lake Treks|