An Overview of the Beas Kund Trek in Manali
The hike of Beas Kund trek is a great way to get started on your thrilling adventure because it passes through the lush valleys and towering mountains of Manali. Experience the beauty of the lake where the Beas River begins, and contrast that with the pristine waters of the river as they flow through the peaks of the Pir Panjal Mountains.
Friendship Peak, Hanuman Tibba, Ladakhi, and Shitidhar are just a few of Manali‘s enormous mountains that offer breathtaking views from their summits, giving you a taste of Himachal Pradesh‘s mountainous terrain.
It is possible to see the Pir Panjal range, including Mt. Deo Tibba, Indrasen, and other summits, on a clear day. After a day of trekking and exploring, reward yourself with a relaxing camping session and a look at the starry sky from the comfort of your tent.
One of the most well-known hikes in the Manali area is Beas Kund trek. Because it leads directly to the beginning of the river that serves the city. Getting into Manali (where you are now) could have involved following the same river upstream.
However, the scenery is a big reason why hikers enjoy this trail so much. Can you imagine: Below the three tallest mountains in the Manali area, lush green plains bloom. Moreover, the green lake from which the Beas River originates is concealed within these grasslands.
This tranquil body of water is placed against the dramatic backdrop of the jagged peaks of the Pir Panjal range, making for a breathtaking scene.
From this vantage point, you can see a furious river coursing through the valley below and get a feel of how close you are to its origin. This emerald kund splits into tributaries that cascade with waterfalls before joining the raging Beast.
Please note that you will be camping in tents on all days of the walk.
If you plan on entering any of the forest checkpoints along your walk, you’ll need to bring a copy of your photo ID with you. Please be aware that in the months of May, June, July, and August, it may be impossible to find tents large enough for two people to share. This is because tent components come from a wide variety of countries. Yet, international instability has hampered their export. Though these tents are made for three hikers, you won’t feel cramped.
We will pick you up from Shuru Homestay in Manali at 8 a.m. to transport you to your next destination. Those going on the trek would have to chip in Rs. 3300 for transportation.
Tour Itinerary with a Departure and Arrival
At 1 pm, you’ll be back in Manali. Plan your return trip to Chandigarh or Delhi and book a flight or train ticket. Do not schedule a return flight from Delhi to your hometown for Day 4.
Campgrounds in Quick View
As a company, banbanjara is picky when it comes to selecting great campsites. After much deliberation, we’ve decided to use the same fantastic campsites that hikers have come to enjoy on the Beas Kund walk.
Here are some things to know before you go on the Beas Kund Trek
- The climate at high altitudes is different from that in the lowlands, and it takes a while to adjust to the thinner air.
- In the case of a major emergency or natural disaster, the administration can alter the route. Those on a trek should pay attention to the instructions of the guides to ensure a safe and rewarding experience.
- Don’t indulge in any alcoholic beverages or beer before setting out on your walk. The route travels through a particularly environmentally friendly region, so try not to leave any trash behind at rest stops or campsites.
- Toxic waste littering is a potential violation for passengers. The limited supply of water calls for careful management and conservation efforts.
- Hiking at night is dangerous and should be avoided unless it is part of the itinerary and you have a guide with you.
- Never use headphones while hiking because they might cause serious hearing loss.
- Setting up camp in the great outdoors is easy. The expectation of luxuries is unrealistic. There may be only a small number of areas where electricity is readily available.
- A trusted campground might or might not have charging outlets for electronic devices.
- Carry along some dry munchies from home.
- Meals not specifically listed, incidental purchases, and such extras are not covered by the Beas Kund hike package.
An Overview of the Beas Kund Trek
The Beas Kund Trek is 16 kilometres long.
The elevation at the top of the Beas Kund is 3,830 metres (24,490 feet).
Classification of Difficulty: Low to Medium
The journey begins in Old Manali and concludes in Solang Valley.
Here’s how to get in touch
Campsites in Old Manali (about 12 kilometres from Manali’s Mall Road) are where the hike officially begins, so you’ll need to check in there. Travelling from Mall Road to Old Manali is convenient thanks to the availability of multiple public transportation routes and private taxis.
Read more: All About Har Ki Dun Trek
|Read more: All About Har Ki Dun Trek